Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Saturday night I get a text from my Bishop...

"Alicia, how would feel about helping with mission prep instead of regular Sunday school?

How would I feel???  To teach mission prep instead of Sunday school?  Well I would feel GREAT about that Bishop.  haha  When I got his message, I freaked out a little bit with excitement.  Of course teaching Mission Prep would be one of the most exciting things ever for me (and about 100 times better then teaching Sunday school). The only catch was that mission prep classes are held an hour and a half before our actual church hours start.  He asked me to start going this past Sunday, but that little hour before church was one of very BEST parts of my week.

So, why I am telling you this??  It was the best part of my week because the Spirit was SO strong in that little class.  We were talking about the Book of Mormon and the power it has to convert.  And I know that it does have power to convert people.  I know that.  And there is a special Spirit that comes when we testify.  I was asked to do a little demo of teaching with one of the other RMs and I forgot how strongly and how quickly the Spirit just permeates the room when you testify.  It was an incredible feeling to be able to teach and testify again.  And made me miss being on my mission sooo much!  

But, I was really grateful for this experience, because it got me thinking how different, but yet similar, life is on the mission versus at home.  I've only been home a little over a month, and I'm doing all the right things, but yet still, its hard to feel the Spirit as strongly as you felt it on the mission on a daily basis.  But having this experience made me realize we need to be recommitting everyday to hear the voice of the Lord in our lives and follow those promptings.


What do you do to hear the voice of the Lord more strongly in your life?
What do you do to actually follow His promptings?


No comments:

Post a Comment